Bits of bliss, paid forward.
There are always treasures in the refrigerator. Living simply is simply recognizing that those great quality ingredients you already have can be enlisted to create a meal with a moment’s notice.
- Penne pasta, cooked white beans (cannellini, great northern), sautéed spinach or chopped escarole, toasted bread crumbs
- Rough-chopped cooked veggies, white beans, Panko bread crumbs… veggie burgers!
- Rice, brown or white, roasted chicken, cooked lentils
- Arborio rice, chicken stock, wild or dried mushrooms or fresh peas: risotto!
- Chicken, white rice, chicken broth/stock, lemon juice: middle-eastern soup
- Asparagus, King salmon, Romaine
Each of these examples is a palette of ingredients for simple seasoning of your choice (a blend of spices or a quick marinade) that can transform leftover ingredients into a snappy, sophisticated meal (lunch or dinner for 1 or 2).
Experiment with flavor through the use of a variety of textures, herbs and spices. It’s another way to eat very, very well, sans advance planning.
Pay it forward.